Wednesday, November 5, 2008

UEA weekend


The kids and I had a really nice UEA weekend. September felt crazy for us all. Jared had been working so hard trying to get the yard in before winter hit. Taylor was playing soccer three days out of the week. I had been stressed about my school work and trying to please a new boss. Dallin was in withdrawals at seeing the other kids leave for school. (If he thinks this year is bad--just wait until Abby goes to school all day long! Poor kid)
I decided that we needed a break and UEA was perfect timing. We started the weekend by painting pumpkins. We had so much fun. We might not have a lot of talent as artists but we tried. Taylor really wanted to carve one but I felt a little intimidated with three little kids and knifes.

On Friday, I took the kids down to Ogden and we went hiking. My sister Adria and I took 7 little kids and tried to hike up Lewis Peek. The weather was perfect for hiking but we did not count on the mud. It had snowed up there the week before and it hadn't all melted. What did melt was then mud. Dallin tried to be so careful but by the time we made it back to the van everyone had to strip to even get in the vehicle. We ate a sack lunches at one of the look out points. I would love to do this every year and see if we can't make it a little farther every year. I was really impressed with the kids. They got along really well and we made it pretty far. I love being in the mountains. It seems to put things in perspective for me.



As if we hadn't had enough exercise for the day, that afternoon we took the kids swimming. We the pool all to ourselves. By the time we made it home we were all exhausted. It was fun though.





No comments: