Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School

It's that time of year again. BACK TO SCHOOL. The kids have been so excited. Taylor is going to second grade and Abby starts Kindergarten. Dallin will start preschool this year. School is even new for me, with a new Principal and different expectation. The past week has been crazy. During the day, we tried to play and enjoy the last week of summer vacation and at night I would stay up trying to get my school work done. I have tried hard to not short change the kids because of the few hours I work. Sometimes I am better at it than others.

Sunday, while we were still dressed up, we had a short Family Home Evening. Jared gave us blessings to start the new year. It set the perfect tone to start school. We are so lucky to have a Dad that honors his Priesthood and can do that for us. Thanks Jared. That night at bedtime I read the kids the story "Let me hold you longer". It is such a cute story but the wrong one to read that night. I started bawling, Abby started to cry and even Jared got emotional. It's sad to see the kids growing up so fast. It made me more determined to be a better Mom and enjoy the kids more. I focus too much on all the stuff that needs to be done. They are growing up and soon all I will have is those sacred memories of when they were my babies. Ok, so I am bawling again.



Monday, the kids were up bright and early. Taylor looked so handsome and grown up. He got himself ready, feed the dog and had an hour to spare. Abby was a little nervous, but so cute. They both loved school and their teachers. Dallin was the one who struggled. He didn't want Abby to go. I am glad that preschool will start soon.


I think that this will be a good year for all of us.

2 comments:

The Rhodes Family said...

Taylor and Abby both seem as if they have had a little experience in modeling. They look cute and all GROWN UP! Love the blog too! It's perfect! Keep up the good work! I'm sure I'll check it daily!

Tiff

Kaylee said...

I'm so excited to see you have created a blog. It's so fun to see what everyone is up to since we don't ever see you guys anymore. The pictures and discriptions of the kids are so cute.

Is it o.k.if I add you to my friends and family favorites list?